Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Gods of Guilt (Michael Connelly, 2013)

I'm still staying on track with the reading. I've been reading Michael Connelly ever since I picked up The Black Echo on my honeymoon. I've now read just about everything he's written except for some of the short pieces, e-books, and the true crime book from a few years back.

This is one of his Lincoln Lawyer books. The first one was very good and the movie was also surprisingly good as well. The next two were somewhat worse, I think mainly because he was trying to work a balancing act with his two favorite characters, Mickey Haller and Harry Bosch. The fourth book, which relegated Harry to a cameo appearance was much better and I think this book learned from that one.

Don't be surprised if you see this book made into the next movie in the franchise. Also, don't forget to check out Harry Bosch in his own Amazon-produced series next month!

Next up...The Destiny of the Republic. Finally I'm reading a book about Garfield! (the president!)

No comments:

Post a Comment