Thursday, August 21, 2014

Strengths Based Leadership (Tom Rath & Barry Conchie, 2009)

I'm not going to spill a lot of pixels here since this was required reading for the program I was in. I went through a business book (bizlit) reading phase about ten years back and witnessed quite a range of styles and writing density across the genre. This book is fairly lightweight. In reality it is less than 100 pages and the rest is devoted to profiles of the 34 different strengths and an appendix on methodology (and yes I read all them). You can read the heart of the work in one sitting. The Clifton StrengthFinder 2.0 exam was personally insightful and I'm glad I took it, but there isn't a whole lot in the book to add value to my results. My program recommended some other titles that sounded quite intriguing so some of those titles may pop up here from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment