Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Anthology (Johnny Winter, 1995?)


I think owing to Johnny Winter's relative lack of control over his own song catalog, there are only a few dozen compilations entitled "Anthology" floating around out there. This is but one of them, packaged together with another disc for his brother Edgar. Oddly enough somebody left this set lying around the bookstore I worked at. It was not a promotional copy, just abandoned. It remains the only material by the Brothers Winter in my collection. I don't have plans to obsessively collect, but sometimes I just need a little "Raised On Rock" to get through the day. If I'm feeling more adventurous, I usually switch over to Edgar, my favorite albino scientologist. (hmmm...let's see if the presence of that word gins up my stats for this post!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment